Development and Planning

Whether you are looking to build a house, convert your barn to a holiday home, or are a developer looking to provide infrastructure or housing for the wider community, chances are you are going to need expert advice from an ecological consultant at some stage of the process. Thinking early on about the ecological component of your development will help you to schedule your work and many potential issues can be circumnavigated before they even arise.

Most of the services we provide are regular components of a planning or development process, such as Preliminary Ecological Appraisals/Extended Phase 1 Surveys for green sites or bat surveys for existing buildings. Your local planning authority can advise you as to what type of survey it is that you need and we can provide a timely, professional report with expert advice on the ecology of your site. We also have extensive experience with mitigation projects, ecological clerks of work and translocations.

If you know what service you need please feel free to find out more about how we can help you in the species or other services sections of this website. Should you be at the initial stage of your project and not quite certain what service you need, simply email or give us a call and we will help you find out what the appropriate survey effort for your project is.

How we can help:

  • Preliminary Ecological Appraisals/Extended Phase 1 surveys
  • BREEAM 2018 surveys
  • Bat surveys
  • Barn Owl surveys
  • Surveys for all protected species
  • Mitigation plans
  • Protected Species Licence Applications
  • Working Method Statements
  • Ecological Clerks of Work
  • Environmental Impact Assessment
  • Construction Ecological Management Plans (CEMP)
  • Landscape and Ecological Management Plans (LEMP)
  • Biodiversity Enhancement Plans (BEP) etc.
Loft space access for bats development


We are recruiting! An advert for an ecologist is out on, as well as If you're interested, please don't hesitate to get in touch!